“Supporting college marketing professionals since 1987”
30th Annual Conference
Our 30th Annual Conference will be on Monday 27 November at the Hilton Warwick/Stratford-upon-Avon. Our theme for the conference will be GROWTH - looking forward at how marketing supports college development in a challenging and ever-changing environment.
Speakers invited and confirmed include:
- Ian Pryce CBE, Principal & CEO, Bedford College Group
- Robert Masson, CEO, The DPO Centre Ltd
- Sonia Furley, Head of Marketing & Communications, Lewisham Southgate College
- Michael Bennett, Head of Student Recruitment, London Metropolitan University
- Lee Parker, Head of Marketing & Anna Clarke, Head of Apprenticeships, Milton Keynes College
- Ben Verinder, Managing Director, Chalkstream Communications
- June Cory, Owner, My Mustard
- Simon Connor, Director, FEmarketing
- Mark Whittaker, Director of Marketing, Stoke on Trent College
- Daniel Falls, Director of Consulting & Implementation, EMEA,Hobsons
- Ben Norman, Head of Marketing & Communications, Exeter College
- Sarah Baxter, Director of Sales & Marketing, The Bedford College Group
- Kathy McCormack, Marketing Manager, Petroc
- Michelle Blake, Marketing Manager, The College of West Anglia
- Emma Evans, Marketing Manager, City of Wolverhampton College
- James Brown, Account Director, Net Natives
Topics we aim to cover will include:
- Overview of GDPR for marketers
- Growing HE in FE
- Using intelligent research for growth
- Marketing strategy for growth
- Maximising conversion through CRM/admissions strategies
- Growing social engagement
- Google analytics growth strategies
- Marketing apprenticeships for growth
- Growing enrolments through effective CRM
- Merger communications - growing the reputation of "new" colleges
- and much more.....
Download the programme (correct as at 6 November 2017) here
Download our conference brochure here (including costs and booking form) and a booking form separately here.
Download terms & conditions of booking here
Why attend? - here's some feedback from past delegates:
- Very informative and worthwhile.
- A "must-have" activity to plan into your annual marketing budget.
- Worthwhile taking a breath and stepping out of your day job to talk to peers, pick up tips and do some blue-sky thinking!
- Covered all critical issues facing FE marketers today and a great networking opportunity.
- Good opportunity to network, bond with your team and find out some marketing insights from other colleagues.
- A great event where you can network with other college marketing professionals, share best practice and discuss challenges within the FE sector.
- Excellent event for sharing good practice, networking with marketing people at all levels and in a relaxed and pleasant atmosphere. Highly recommend it.
- An excellent support group. Great to discuss ideas and developments and be reassured that we are all working with the same issues!
FE First Awards for marketing excellence 2017
Celebrating the best in college marketing - the FE First Awards 2017 will be presented at the conference’s Gala Dinner on Monday 27th November. (Entry to the Gala Dinner and pre-dinner drinks reception is included in a full residential conference booking.)
The FE First Awards will be presented by Dr Lynne Sedgmore CBE.
Until 2015 Lynne was Executive Director of the 157 Group of FE Colleges and advised Whitehall on policy, funding and practice implementation for FE colleges. She is now freelance and coaches/develops CEOs and senior leaders from education, health, sport, the civil service as well as the humanitarian, media and charity sectors.
Lynne was CEO of the national Centre for Excellence in FE Leadership from 2004 to 2008. Previous roles include Principal of Guildford College, Vice Principal of Croydon College and Head of Croydon Business School.
She was one of the first appointed marketeers in FE at Croydon and Hackney colleges from 1984 and strongly supported college marketeers in all her senior leadership roles.
Lynne has a Prof Doc and an MSc in Change. She was awarded the CBE in 2004 for services to FE and was named one of the Debretts 500 most influential people in the UK in 2015. In 2016 she was named one of the 100 UK Women of Spirit.
Lynne is an experienced board member and has held 26 non-executive posts, chaired numerous national and Ministerial committees and has presented in over 15 countries on vocational skills and leadership.
She has published articles and books on marketing, leadership, emotional intelligence, and spirituality in the workplace. Lynne has three daughters, 2 grand-daughters and is a published poet.
Support the FE First Awards and 30th Annual Conference in 2017
Are you a company working with FE and post-16 marketers? Find out about opportunities to support the Awards and conference here, or contact email@example.com