The College Marketing Network is a membership organisation supporting networking, sharing and CPD amongst staff employed in the marketing function of FE, sixth form and specialist colleges. Colleges joining The College Marketing Network provide contact details of staff they wish to be included in our contacts databases, for:
- email newsletters sent out by The College Marketing Network – names and email addresses
- enrolment in the CMN JISCmail “sharing best practice” online group – names and email addresses
- events and conferences – names, job titles, colleges for delegate lists, and email addresses for sending out information related to the event.
Member colleges are responsible for keeping these contact details up-to-date as and when required, and CMN provides an annual update request with each membership renewal communication.
College contact details are kept for use only by CMN and are not passed on to or processed by external companies or individuals. Information about non-members (colleges) and ex-members (colleges) is also kept for occasional use, eg to inform about conferences and events, as all college marketing teams are deemed to have a legitimate interest in training, CPD and networking opportunities open to college marketers and specifically designed for and aimed at this group of professionals. This information is updated when possible. Any individual or organisation on our contacts database has the right to opt out at any time by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
Records are also kept of non-member (non-college) organisations which work with us and support our events and activities. The same information is kept as above and the same opt-out rights apply.
CMN believes colleges (members and non-members) have the right to be informed of CMN services and activities as these are non-profit-making and serve the professional development of marketing staff in colleges.
However, any college may decline to be contacted and databases will be immediately updated accordingly. Colleges (members and non-members) may request to see all information CMN holds on them at any time, and to have this amended, rectified or erased as appropriate or required. Individuals may request their details not be included on CMN publications, eg delegate lists for events.
If you have any issues or complaints, please contact Rachel Smith, Chief Executive, College Marketing Network, at email@example.com or in writing at F16, Preston Technology Centre, Marsh Lane, Preston, PR1 8UQ.
You can also contact the Information Commissioner’s Office via http://www.ico.org.uk, tel 0303 123 1113
If you prefer, you can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies via your browser settings. Like most websites, if you turn your cookies off, some of our services may not function properly.
We use Google Analytics on our sites for anonymous reporting of site usage and for advertising on the site. If you would like to opt-out of Google Analytics monitoring your behaviour on our sites please use this link (https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/)
Terms and Conditions of Website Use
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness,
performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this
website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may
contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to
the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we
shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or
information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not
limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in
accordance with the copyright notice below and by agreement in writing with The College Marketing
- All trademarks reproduced in this website which are not the property of, or licensed to, the operator
are acknowledged on the website. Users are permitted to download material from the website only
for personal use and/or internal circulation within their organisations, and that they must not remove
any trade mark, copyright or other proprietary notice contained in such materials.
- Users agree: not to use the website in such a way that disrupts the use of it by other users; not to
transmit materials through the website which are false, defamatory or unlawful or which infringe the
rights of any person anywhere in the world (this may not be relevant); not to reverse engineer,
decompile, copy or adapt any software forming part of this website or attempt to transmit via the
website any information containing a virus or other harmful component and; not to change, interfere
or misuse data contained on this website and entered by or relating to any third party user of this
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
Users agree: to ensure that details supplied to The College Marketing Network in order to register for
access to the website are accurate and up-to-date at all times; to keep confidential any personal
login password provided by The College Marketing Network and be liable for any damage caused by
use of such password by a third party and; that The College Marketing Network reserve a right to
terminate a user’s access to password protected areas of the website and to JISCmail if The College
Marketing Network consider that a user is using either the website or JISCmail to the detriment of
- From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for
your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s).
We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- You may not create a link to this website from another website or document without The College
Marketing Network’s prior written consent.
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws
of England and Wales and the jurisdiction of the English courts.
- Any personal information collected by The College Marketing Network through this website will not
be shared with any third party organisations.
- If you have any questions about these terms and conditions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org